After the show we headed up to Red for dinner, and met Simon there. We wanted to go to One Tree Grill from a location standpoint, however they're closed on Sundays. :(
Ok - last time I blogged Red, I commented that Simon was including it on his list of favourite restaurants. This time - I have now decisively placed Red at the top of my list and hereby name it my favourite restaurant. Fantastic meal, great service, really friendly, really helpful, excellent attention to detail. Ooh, and gorgeous wine.
What did we eat this time?
- the shared tasting plate of the hummus (with a delicious lemony twist), olives (full of flavour), duck pate (sooo smooth and delicious) and a variety of breads.
- the Venison again. :) And a delicious red wine that he can't remember what he ordered. Oops!
- Lamb rump on mint and sweet pea risotto. Fantastic - the lamb was beautifully smoky and the risotto a really nice match with this.
- Calamari - this was quite honestly THE most tender calamari I have ever eaten. I didn't know that calamari had the potential to be melt-in-the-mouth tender, but this was truly that tender. I'll be ordering it next time we visit.
- seasonal vegetables - beans and broccoli and delicious (but then I'm a bit partial to green beans!)